Test screenings have always been an important part of a film's post-production process. However, until now, these screenings were often prohibitively expensive, used paper cards and collected a limited dataset. Additionally, screenings were rarely designed to help independent filmmakers improve their films.
- Costs $11,000-20,000 to conduct*
- Higher margin for errors by using pen and paper
- Not designed with independent producers in mind
- Doesn't allow filmmakers to store their film's data for future use
*Based on industry averages including recruitment fee, theater rental, security, reporting and print costs.
Friends and Family™ provides filmmakers with the best of both worlds – secure, accurate, digital cards and near-instant reports they can apply to any film or audience size.
- Custom questionnaires for your film
- Audiences complete forms digitally on tablets & phones
- More accurate answers, faster
- Leave the screening room with immediate results
- Compare your data to other results and norms across multiple years and films
Friends and Family also recruits audiences and conducts screenings at very competitive rates.
PUTTING THE POWER OF RECRUITED AUDIENCE SCREENINGS
BACK IN THE HANDS OF FILMMAKERS
WHY GO DIGITAL?
Rather than having audiences “tire” on long paper cards, giving generic and sloppy answers / illegible results that have to be interpreted, or using interns to scan and compile results, digital cards allow you to:
- Insert visual cues to remind the audience of key characters and moments
- Ask more specific questions regarding flashbacks, tone, significance of scenes
- Make key questions mandatory
- Have access to real data in real time
There is also a higher completion rate, because digital cards are fun and easy to complete!
It wasn't always cost effective to test independent films.
FF is so easy, it's a no-brainer on any film - no matter how small the budget.
SEE HOW IT WORKS
Fill out one of our sample cards and experience for yourself what your audience will see after your screening.
THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY DIFFERENCE
Data is more effective in the aggregate.
Friends and Family™ works great as a stand alone product for a single screening.
But over time, with our system, you'll be able to track the results of multiple films, compare this data to industry norms and build a robust information platform to help you make better decisions down the road on any project.
Designed by filmmakers with their peers in mind, it puts all the data at your fingertips.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
First, take a look at our services to see all that Friends and Family offers.
Choose one of our genre-specific templates and add your own photos and particular questions to get the answers you need to take the next step in the edit. Next, our team will consult with you to perfect your questionnaire.
Once the card is finalized, we’ll give you a link to your project to share with your audience via email, text or custom link.
Then, sit back and watch as the results pile in automatically!